Last Updated May 18, 2021
Our Office is Currently Closed to In-Person Transactions
In light of recent concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19), all residents should know about the precautions we are taking to ensure that our employees and Travis County property owners stay healthy. As a result of these efforts, staff availability may be limited during this period. We appreciate your patience.
Our office is currently closed to in-person transactions. We are offering several ways for property owners to conduct TCAD business during this time, including:
- Online: Property owners can find key information and submit important documents via our website. An online chat function is also available.
- Email: Property owners can submit requests and applications by emailing us at [email protected].
- Phone: Property owners can reach our customer service department by calling us at 512-834-9317.
- Office Dropbox: Property owners can drop off documents at the secure dropbox available outside our office (8314 Cross Park Drive).
If you have symptoms of any illness, we strongly recommend contacting us by phone (512-834-9317) or email ([email protected]) to handle your customer service inquiries.
Appraisal Review Board (ARB) Hearings
The Travis Appraisal Review Board is currently postponing in-person ARB hearings until a later date. Once those hearings resume, individuals with scheduled hearings will be allowed into our facility and be required to follow our safety protocols. Information on remote hearing options is available online.
Customer Service Appointments
In limited circumstances, TCAD’s customer service department may allow certain property owners to schedule an in-person appointment at our office for help with a matter related to their property.
TCAD has adopted a protocol to promote a safe environment for customers, appraisal review board members, and our appraisal district office personnel. Property owners who have an in-person appointment with our customer service department or a scheduled in-person hearing with the Travis ARB will be required to comply with the following procedures:
- Services are by scheduled appointment only; walk-ins are not permitted. Individuals without an appointment will receive assistance in setting an appointment for a future date and time.
- Property owners will be permitted to enter the building no more than five minutes before their scheduled appointment time.
- All property owners will be screened prior to entering the building. Screening will include having your temperature taken and being asked if you, or any person you have been in contact with over the previous 14 days, has had any of the following symptoms: cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, fever, chills, body aches, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell, or known close contact with a person diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19.
- Customers are encouraged to wear a face mask or facial covering.
- Social distancing must be followed (6 feet apart).
- Generally, only one customer per property will be allowed into the building, with an exception made for ADA accommodations.
If these requirements are not met, you may be required to reschedule your appointment for a later date.