The Residential Appraiser is responsible for the appraisal of residential accounts and interacting with taxpayers to resolve problems and settle values.
Essential Duties Include:
• Accurately measure properties and gather information and characteristics necessary to complete an appraisal for properties in Travis County
• Drive assigned geographical areas of Travis County conducting field work
• Conduct reappraisal activities to accurately records changes to properties as well as to evaluate their condition in order to establish fair market values
• Carefully review reports to ascertain the accuracy of field work for accurate and equitable fair market values.
• Review real property renditions, take appropriate action and respond to taxpayer inquiries
• Negotiate and settle value disputes with property owners and/or property tax consultants
• Represent the District before the Appraisal Review Board as necessary.
*Travis Central Appraisal District does not sponsor Fee Appraisal Licenses*