DATE August 2022
JOB TITLE GIS Technician
REPORTS TO GIS Manager
SALARY GRADE 4
SALARY RANGE Starting at $22.52 per hour
JOB LOCATION: In-Person & Remote (staff will need to come in for training and meetings as required)
SCHEDULE: 7:45 am to 4:45 pm; After-hours are available as well.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under GIS Manager supervision, perform a variety of advanced skilled duties including but not limited to:
• Updating existing and creating new parcel maps and index maps as required.
• Update and maintain an appraisal database with ownership and entity changes.
• Assist other divisions, agencies, and the general public with information regarding GIS information.
• Must review, identify and accurately update & draw recorded subdivisions, condominiums, Deeds, Rights of Way, surveys, condemnations, and taxing entity boundary changes utilizing the metes and bounds descriptions in those documents.
• Conduct ownership and acreage research.
• Administer taxing entity codes, prorate procedures, merging and splitting parcels.
• Identify improvements and other objects on aerial photographs, produce complex copy maps, pdf maps, and shapefiles as requested, and assist other divisions, agencies, and the general public with information regarding real property issues, the availability, and the latest update made on appraisal district maps.
• Handle functions that require knowledge of tax laws.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Education: 2 years of college/coursework in GIS preferred, will consider equivalent work experience
Experience: Must have 2 years of data entry experience in an office environment
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• ESRI ArcGIS experience preferred
• Knowledge of basic cartographic skills, cadastral data, and land survey practices a plus
• Must have the ability to read complex directions and interpret mapping information
• Must have mastered basic math skills
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally in person, on the phone, or via email
• Must meet established accuracy and productivity standards
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Must have a stable job history
• Spanish Bilingual a plus
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods with the ability to reach, bend, and lift to 25 pounds. Must use hands for data entry much of the work day and be able to see and read fine print. Must be able to hear and speak both in person and by phone and communicate effectively.
ENVIRONMENT FACTORS: Indoor activity with constant exposure to video display computer terminal. Subject to interruptions and distractions. Requires the ability to assess information, ask questions, make decisions, and execute assignments.
The Travis Central Appraisal District is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Travis Central Appraisal District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, military service, AIDS or HIV status, ancestry, national or ethnic origin and any other characteristic protected bylaw.
Resumes are welcome, but applicant must submit a completed employment application before an interview will be granted.