DATE August 2022
JOB TITLE Deed Clerk
REPORTS TO GIS Manager
SALARY GRADE 2
SALARY RANGE Starting at $18.19 per hour
JOB LOCATION: In-Person & Remote (staff will need to come in for training and meetings as required)
SCHEDULE: 7:45 am to 4:45 pm; After-hours are available as well.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under general supervision, performs a variety of advanced clerical functions including but not limited to the following:
• Updating and maintaining an appraisal database with ownership and entity changes
• Data entry for new subdivisions, condominiums, parcel splits and merges
• Must conduct ownership and acreage research
• Administer taxing entity codes, prorate procedures, update and maintain situs addresses
• Provide customer service to property owners and staff related to parcel mapping
• Handle functions that require knowledge of tax laws.
• All other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum three years of data entry experience. ESRI ArcGIS experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent clerical skills including proficiency in mathematics
• Must be proficient in the use of Excel and Microsoft Word
• Typing 40 wpm
• Must have a stable job history
• Must be authorized to work in the US
• Spanish Bilingual a plus
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, have the ability to reach and twist upper body, bend, and kneel. Must use hands for data entry for much of the work day. Must be able to hear and speak both in person and by phone. Must be able to see and read fine print and lift up to 25 pounds.
ENVIRONMENT FACTORS: Indoor activity with constant exposure to video display computer terminal, interface with the public. Moderate stress levels are constant with occasional significant stress. Must meet standards for productivity and accuracy.
The Travis Central Appraisal District is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Travis Central Appraisal District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, military service, AIDS or HIV status, ancestry, national or ethnic origin and any other characteristic protected bylaw.
Resumes are welcome, but applicant must submit a completed employment application before an interview will be granted.