Under the general direction and supervision of the Commercial Director this position performs the functions and activities associated with the appraisal of assigned commercial properties to include office and field work.
Essential Duties Include:
• Inspect, measure, collect data, analyze and apply appropriate valuation techniques to commercial real estate properties in Travis County.
• Document appraisal in written form, which includes the appraiser’s opinion of the property’s value, relevant market data, and income information with supporting analysis.
• Maintain current knowledge of real estate values and property developments to ensure that valuations conform to current market prices
• Make progress and conformance inspections of construction properties to ensure that completed improvements are keeping with the original intention assumed in the appraisal.
• Directly interface with attorneys, litigation appraisers, and expert witnesses in order to provide data and analyses necessary for lawsuit and arbitration resolution.
• Represent the District in informal and formal protest hearings.
*Travis Central Appraisal District does not sponsor Fee Appraisal Licenses*