Administrative Commercial Support Specialist
DATE October 2022
JOB TITLE Administrative Commercial Support Specialist
REPORTS TO Commercial Director
SALARY GRADE 5
SALARY RANGE Starting at $23.95 per hour
JOB LOCATION: In-Person & Remote (staff will need to come in for training, meetings, and in-person workdays as required)
SCHEDULE: 7:45 am to 4:45 pm; After-hours are available as well.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under the general direction and supervision of the Commercial Director, the Administrative Commercial Support Specialist will perform the functions and activities associated with the functions of the Commercial Appraisal Division. Essential duties include but not limited to:
• Assist the Commercial Director in developing procedures for manuals used by the Commercial Appraisers. Update and maintain manuals as necessary to stay current with changing procedures.
• Coordination with various City Planning Departments in obtaining plans approved for new and revitalized commercial projects. These plans can be for a simple addition to an existing building or as complicated as a multi-story high rise building.
• Gain an understanding of Marshal Swift Cost Manual and how it relates to mass appraisal. Must be able to setup up costs schedules in CAMA system, setup new improvements with appropriate use type and description, updating instruction manual.
• Handle all task required during protest season to include responsibilities not limited to: evidence requests, reschedules, handling panel assignments among appraisers, close out open protests, etc. Also needs knowledge on appeal reasons and what appeal reasons are the responsibility of the commercial department.
• Coordinates commercial & personal property arbitration hearings, ensuring evidence deadlines are met and communicating with assigned appraiser on hearing dates.
• Setup new commercial subdivisions, condominium projects, and process split/merge accounts, appropriate applying value ready for review and valuation
• Responsible for commercial appeals/department email inbox, corresponding with Agents and general public as needed.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree preferred. Preferably in Real Estate or Appraisal. Acceptable work experience may be substituted for a college degree.
Experience: Must have 3 years of data entry/clerical experience in an office environment
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Must be highly organized, accurate, and meet deadlines
• Must have demonstrated proficiency in written and oral communication
• Must have the ability read and analyze difficult architectural plans.
• Must be an RPA or be able to register with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation and obtain within five years.
• Must be authorized to work in the US
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods with the ability to reach, bend, and lift to 40 pounds. Must use hands for data entry much of the work day and be able to see and read fine print. Must be able to hear and speak both in person and by phone and communicate effectively.
ENVIRONMENT FACTORS: Indoor activity with constant exposure to video display computer terminal. Subject to interruptions and distractions. Requires the ability to assess information, ask questions, make decisions, and execute assignments.
The Travis Central Appraisal District is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Travis Central Appraisal District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, military service, AIDS or HIV status, ancestry, national or ethnic origin and any other characteristic protected bylaw.
Resumes are welcome, but applicants must submit a completed employment application before an interview will be granted.