topleft TCAD Home topright


Navigation: Home nav FAQsnav Request For Information


FAQs - Request For Information


What is the Public Information Act?
Public Information is information that is collected, assembled, or maintained under a law or ordinance or in connection with the transaction of official business: 1) by a governmental body; or 2) for a governmental body and the governmental body owns the information or has a right of access to it. The term is defined in Section 552.002 of the Government Code.

If you wish to submit an open records request (under the Public Information Act) you must submit a written request by electronic mail, facsimile transmission, regular mail, or in person. In order to ensure that your request will be processed without delay, we ask that your request be as specific as possible. Please remember to include a way to reach you if TCAD needs clarification and where to send the information once it becomes available.
When sending your request to the Travis Central Appraisal District, you may; fax your request to (512) 835-5371, mail your request to the attention of the Records Coordinator at Travis Central Appraisal District, PO Box 149012, Austin, TX 78714-9012 or you can email the Records Coordinator. icon Email Records Coordinator

You will receive a response from TCAD within 10 business days of receiving your request. If additional time is needed to provide the requested information, we will respond in writing to that fact providing a time when the information will be available.

How can I get information about my property?
There are several methods for taxpayers to get information from the Appraisal District. You may access information online on our website, call our Customer Service department at (512) 834-9138, or you can visit the Appraisal District offices at; 8314 Cross Park Drive, Austin TX 78754.

Can you give me information on the amount of taxes I owe?
The Appraisal District is only responsible for the appraisal of property.  For specific information on taxes due or payments made, you will need to contact the Travis County Tax Office at (512) 854-9473.

I need a value certificate, how can I get one?
Our Customer Service department can provide taxpayers with a value certificate. Please call (512) 834-9138 or come by the Appraisal District.

Can I get a list of all sales?
Per Section 22.27 of the Texas Property Tax Code, the Appraisal District is prohibited from disclosing sales information gathered from a private source.  Taxpayers who have protested their property are entitled only to a list of sales used to value their property.

I am preparing for my ARB hearing, what information is provided?
Per Section 41.461 of the Property Tax Code, the Chief Appraiser must provide the taxpayer with any information that TCAD intends to introduce at the ARB formal hearing at least 14 days before a hearing on a protest.  This information can include but is not limited to, a list of sales used to value the property, a list of all property in the owner’s neighborhood, comparable sales grid, comparable equity grid, and an appraisal card.

Can I get a copy of the appraisal roll?
Yes, upon a request the Appraisal District can provide PDF copies of the appraisal roll by property type, subdivision, zip code, and several other predefined criteria.  The cost for PDF appraisal rolls are $5. Please contact the Records Coordinator for a list of predefined criteria.  Additional criteria for PDF creation may be requested but will incur programming and manipulation charges.   The entire appraisal roll data for Travis County is provided only as an electronic data set.

Can I get appraisal roll information as electronic data?
Only the full appraisal roll extract is provided as an electronic data set. Users with novice database abilities may import the data into a database program and further filter to suit their specific requests.  This information can be put onto a CD or transferred to an FTP site. The cost is $55. Contact the Records Coordinator for a file layout.

Can I get a copy of maps?
Yes, most maps are available on our website. If you need paper copies, they may be purchased in our Customer Service department.

Taxpayers may also purchase a copy of our GIS shape file that includes all of Travis County. You must have GIS or ESRI to use the GIS shape file. This information can be put onto a CD or transferred to an FTP site. The cost is $25.

Will GIS data give me ownership and value information?
No, the GIS information is strictly mapping information. For appraisal roll information you will need to purchase the electronic appraisal roll data along with the GIS shape file.


It is the desire of the Travis Central Appraisal District (TCAD) to provide useful and accurate information to the public.  However, TCAD is not responsible for the interpretation or manipulation of downloaded data.  Technical support is not provided for downloaded data.  TCAD provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind.  The data could include inaccuracies or typographical errors.  TCAD is not responsible for any errors or omissions.    All paid transactions are final and non-refundable.




Our office will be closed in observance of

Jan 2............ New Years Day

Jan 16..... M.L.K. Jr. Birthday

Feb 20......... President's Day

May 29........... Memorial Day

Jul 4.........Independence Day

Sept 4................ Labor Day

Nov 10........... Veteran's Day

Nov 23 & 24...... Thanksgiving

Dec 22 & 25.......... Christmas

Jan 1, 2018.... New Years Day

  General Information

Chief Appraiser:

Marya Crigler


Taxpayer Liaison:

Martin Wilbanks


8314 Cross Park Drive
Austin, Texas 78754


Business Hours:
M, T, W, F
7:45 am - 4:45 pm

Th 9:00 am - 4:45 pm


Phone: (512) 834-9317

TDD: (512) 836-3328



(512) 835-5371



  Home l Organization l Tax Info l Forms l FAQs l Calendar l Meetings l Links l Employment l E-File l Contact Us l Site Map l Property Search

Copyright Travis Central Appraisal District